Monday, April 25, 2011

Home run, Touch down....whatever!

I always have people ask me what it is like with 6 girls in one house. My answer is usually something like, "lots of moods" or "never dull" or something like that. There are definite advantages to having all girls in the house. For example, there were several jealous moms during football season when we watched whatever we wanted on TV while they were "stuck" watching a football game. We had a blast having a Miss America party. Yes, there are many fun advantages that come with having six girls in the house, but let me just tell you an example of what we may be lacking. Autumn and I like sports just fine. While there are teams that we like to watch, there are no teams that we follow diligently. When we think about it, we might turn on a football game. We watched part of the Superbowl (more for the halftime show and commercials, but watched it none the less). However, in this house of six girls, we just don't do a lot of sports. So our poor girls don't know a lot about sports. We like going to the high school games, but on our way to the football game, one of the girls will say, "I'm so so excited to see baseball!" Yeah...they just are pretty clueless. Well, this became very obvious on Sunday morning. We were at church, and as always, the girls were milling around the sanctuary hugging and visiting people. M went to our friends in the pew behind me and immediately noticed their middle school son had a broken leg, so she asked, "Okay...WHAT happened?" So our friend Kim started to explain: "Well, he was sliding into home, and...." (she went on about what happened.) I could see it on M's face...I could just see what she was thinking. I thought I would help the poor girl out: "M, she's talking about baseball...home plate in baseball, not sliding in her house." M tried to kind of smile like she already knew that, but I knew better...a mother always knows! Me: "Is that what you were thinking? That he was sliding in the house?" M: (laughing a little) "yeah"
Oh my...our poor girls...we need to teach them a little more about sports......or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment