Shopping with four little girls is always an adventure--we just never know if it will be a fun adventure or an adventure that makes us want to pull our hair out. For the most part, the girls are getting better at shopping. They really don't ask for things as we go down the isles. They really don't beg for things. They do, however, pick at each other, get rowdy and run in the stores, and just plain drive us crazy...sometimes. Sometimes they help us out and bargain shop for things.
M, when she is not bored in a store, CAN be a great helper. She is logical and can quickly read labels and figure out the best deal. H pays attention to details and is great to offer creative input when shopping for things. She is usually obedient and eager to help. If A is in a good mood shopping, we usually all are in a good mood. She asks a MILLION questions and makes comments about EVERYTHING as we shop. Really, this girl sometimes just does NOT stop talking! When she helps, she is great help, although she hasn't caught on to the idea of bargain shopping yet. S usually does good at riding in the cart, not causing too much trouble. She likes to sing as she looks at things down the isle. Now, just imagine this scenario that has happened to me MANY times while shopping. We are walking down the isle, looking for something specific, and making decisions about what to buy. A and S are both in the cart, M and H are walking beside us, kind of playing tag, but trying not to run. We are just strolling along when S SHOUTS as if there is an emergency, "TRINITY!!!!!! THERE IS YOUR FAVORITE GIRL!!!!!!!!!" I am telling you, this sweet smiling girl can get really really loud and she screams with such an urgency that I get afraid something is very wrong every time! I turn around, looking for a good friend when S points her out again. "Right there! It's your favorite girl!" I see her...my best friend Paula....Paula Dean!!! I do love Paula, but I don't just sit down and watch her shows. I guess at some point and time Paula was on TV and I probably said that I love her and S picked up on that. Then S proceeds to loudly shout/announce to the entire store, "You love her cause she loves butter!"
I guess I better just claim it...Paula is my best friend and we love butter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment