Wednesday, August 11, 2010

back to school!

We are not back to school yet, (the pictures are from first day last year) but we did find out who every one's teacher is and school is just around the corner. I am SO excited! I love back to school. I love the fall. I love getting back into the school routine. I love new backpacks and school supplies, although I do not love shopping for school supplies. I love picking out the first-day-of-school outfit. I love it when everyone wakes up super extra early on the first day of school because we are all so excited.

I am very excited that we are doing something new this year at the church for the first day of school. After we all drop off our kids at school, we are going to meet at the church and eat a light breakfast and pray for our kids. My friend Susie came up with this idea and I love it. Why didn't I think of this earlier? We will pray for our kids, the teachers, the other kids, etc. I am so excited about this just because I know how powerful prayer is and I can't wait to see what God can do this year in my kids and through my kids. I am so very thankful for teachers, and specifically my girls' teachers. I will be more diligent this year in lifting them up in prayer. There have been so many teachers, whether my girls have had them in class or just been in their building, that have help to shape each of my girls. I am very thankful for each one of them!

I am also just apologizing right now to each of my girls' teachers for any flipping off, dead mice brought to school, crazy stories, or anything else. Just apologizing ahead of time.


And to my girls' teachers: If you will believe half of what they say about us, we will believe half of what they say about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment