Well, since I can't post the pictures I from the first day of school, I will tell you about the other day. It was just one of those days where things just weren't going as planned. I know you have had those days. It was one of those days for us. We headed out about noon or so and headed to the big city to get some errands done. Of course this doesn't sound like fun to the girls, so we talk to them, prepare them.......well, really we bribed them! Yes, we told them if they were good, we were sure to get a treat before returning home! Off we went. We had some specific things that needed to be done. Let me tell you, that one particular errand, we have been trying to do for a long time, and it involves a lot of waiting. We went to a place the other day (with 4 girls) and waited over an hour and a half just to find out they did not do what we needed to do....we had to go to a different office. We were so happy that on this particular day we would finally get this task done and checked off of our list.
We arrive at the parking garage, find our parking spot, and get out of the vehicle. Ummmm......problem........we do not have the right papers. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? No.....no papers. That means we have to try a DIFFERENT time! While I can laugh at this problem now, it was NOT funny to me at the time. In fact, I was not a very nice person for just a little bit. I did not act very nice at all. So we keep driving.
Autumn had the idea to go to a hospital, since we were nearby, to visit a person we know. Well, I guess we don't have anything else to do, so let's go! So we went to the hospital, and as we were going in the parking garage, there were no spaces, so we had to keep going up. Remember, I was in a bad mood, so this really irritated me. However, my children found great joy each time we went up the little hill to the next level. Why do we buy passes to amusement parks when we could just go to parking garages? So we went to the very top of the garage. That's right....we passed up a ton of spaces just to go to the top. We got to ride the elevator, go through the tunnel, ride another elevator, find the information desk (which also had really fun displays), ride another elevator, find our friend, then ride all of the elevators back again. THEN, we got to go DOWN the parking garage. While I got a little car sick and dizzy from it all, the girls had a blast! Ok Trinity, CALM DOWN and enjoy the moment. I don't think God could have spoken it clearer. It seemed that no matter how stinky my attitude got, the girls found joy in the things I thought were irritating.
Next stop.....to the mall to pick up my contacts. Check. That didn't take very long at all. And by the time we got there, my attitude was MUCH better....you might have even considered me a little fun by this time! And just guess what the eye place in the mall was next to.....an escalator! So guess what we did? Yep....we rode it up, then back down. The girls wanted to just walk around the mall, so we did! And in our walk around the mall, we rode every escalator and elevator. We got a treat and went to the other stores for the day.
So, the lesson I learned............RELAX......don't stress out over things that don't really matter.....enjoy the moment.......and........ride some elevators.......they might make you a little sick, but the six of us sure had fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great lesson to learn Trin! I really need that because I get upset and stress over something I can't do anything about at the time and if I'd just relax, I'd realize it really isn't that bad! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteBethany