While at our family reunion, some of our cousins showed us this hiking trail that ended up at an amazing place at the lake. On our way, we came across this tree. It was a very unique tree. In this completely rocky place, there was a huge, massive tree. It's many roots were huge and spread out everywhere. It really made me think of our family. I mean, here is this tree in this incredibly rocky foundation. Our girls' beginning in life started out pretty rocky. I mean really, when I think about it, I begin to tear up thinking about where they would have ended up...kind of like most trees in rocky places...puny and without life. Most people who would look at the beginning of their life and see how rocky it was and think, "No way on earth could these girls survive." But they didn't just survive. They are like this tree...they are strong, showing their presence to the world and beating the odds.
Then I look at the roots of this tree and it makes me think of the many many people that have invested themselves in our family. And to find this tree at the family reunion where the girls felt so loved and felt apart of something big is no coincidence at all. Most of all, I am so amazed at how the Lord gives such grace to take us from any situation and make us apart of his family if we choose to be. It doesn't matter what your "foundation" is, he roots you so deeply in his love. I am so grateful for that love and I am so glad we found this tree. For some reason, seeing this tree just hit me with all of these thoughts. Writing about this tree makes my heart feel full of gratitude and love! I love this tree!

I LOVE this!!! The Lord has gifted you with such amazing perception and you do an amazing job putting that into words!!! I am so thankful for both you and Autumn and for not caring what others think of you and for giving us the most amazing neices in the world!!!!
ReplyDeleteBethany