Crafty girls..............nope, I'm not talking about sneaky girls, I'm talking about my girls really liking to do crafts. They are all 4 creative, and they just love to do crafts. They love to draw, paint, fold paper, cut, glue.....anything that lets them be creative. S likes to create, but she gets distracted easily. I don't think she starts with a vision and carries it out.....I think she just likes to do those crafty things especially if it is with someone else. A is definitely an artist. I will take pictures sometime of her drawings and put them on here. She not only draws really well, she has a different and artistic view on life that sets her apart from other people. I love to hear her perspective on an event that I was at....it is a totally different perspective than any one else. She loves to create. She is not predictable at all in her creations and she is so out-of-the-box. If you give her a specific task for a project, she has a hard time following your directions because she wants to put her own spin on everything. H loves to create things. She loves designing clothes. She loves making scrapbooks and just anything out of paper. The girl can make anything look so cute, and she does it FAST. M is very logical, so she is really good at constructing things. She can build buildings and things with blocks or anything really (like pretzels and marshmallows). She likes drawing and using paper, but is really good at constructing things. Autumn is good at gathering things and doing all the behind the scenes stuff for things to get done, and I'm pretty good at getting a vision for things and shouting out orders. Put us all together and what do you get??????
A really good project team!!!!!!
And lucky for us because I am a children's minister and always have a need for a good project team to put together something or another. Really....the girls are a great help to us at the church. They can set up tables and chairs, crafts, food.....they are great help! Believe me, I definitely let them use their gifts to help!!!!
In August, we did a luncheon for the public school teachers right before school started, and Autumn and I had a grand idea to give all 120 teachers, so we enlisted our little crafty girls team to help!
I waited too long to take a picture of one of our leftover gifts and somebody already got to some of the candy, but I think you can get the idea.

Here is our project we worked on all week........our little flower pot. The saying says: Thank you for helping our kids bloom. Notice the missing candy!

My mother used the hot glue gun all the time......for everything, so using the glue gun made me think of her. It really made me happy that my girls are learning to use the glue gun too.....for some strange reason, making these projects made us all feel a little closer to her!

Here is another example of my girls' craftiness. They found some old boxes and made a doll house complete with a barn. I think this project was mainly just the two older girls. That made the younger girls not very happy campers!

M mainly did all the construction and H mainly did all the decorations.

I thought it was cute that they used the fork box and forgot to cover that part.
Those girls are definitely VERY crafty and are definitely VERY helpful as well!!! Their Grandma Judy would be so proud of them and would have loved getting in the middle of their projects with them!!! The flowerpots actually reminded me of something she would have made and your handwriting looks just like hers Trin! I am so thankful you guys carry on her "craftiness" onto her grandchildren!!!!
ReplyDeleteBethany
The best teacher gifts where the ones made by the children themselves. I know the teacher's loved the gifts the girls made them.
ReplyDelete