I know I talk a lot about A and frogs, but if you knew how much she talks about them that I don't tell you about, you would be proud of how LITTLE I talk about A and frogs! Really, she loves them. I even get a little jealous of frogs sometimes because they light up her face so much and not me. Now how ridiculous does that sound? Really silly I must say, but oh so true. Seriously, her eyes light up and she giggles the most joyous giggle when she holds a frog, then even before she puts it down, she is pouting that she misses her frog.
So, with A's birthday coming up, Autumn asked her what she wanted for her birthday. A's answer: a globe with a bunch of frogs in it, a wig with long hair, and a thousand frogs, I mean toads.
Okay, really? Please, my dear child, let's think of something a little easier than a globe with frogs in it. She said the wig isn't for every day, it is just for costumes and stuff. Why can't she just want a doll or a book or a stuffed animal. So, what does Autumn do? She looks online for a frog, and she found one that you can buy as a tadpole and keep it and watch it grow. But from the reviews, these frogs last years and years, and we really don't want a frog for a million years, so we decided to not get one of those. As we speak, Autumn is looking online for frog things. Let me tell you, there are lots of "fun" frog things!
And speaking of frogs........this afternoon, as A was helping me cook dinner, she talked non-stop. And I mean NON-STOP!!! She just talks and asks questions and answers her own questions and talks some more. So as she was talking, her dreams of the future came spilling out. She stated to me that she is going to be a poor old woman in a big house. She would not have children, but she would have frogs all over the house, and I mean ALL over the house. She said she would just have them in jars on the tables, floors, and everywhere! It's kind of funny that her dream home of a frog-filled palace sounds rather creepy to me!
So there you have it, a BRIEF clip of an afternoon with a frog-lover.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment