Sorry I haven't written in a while. The last few weeks have been pretty crazy. I feel like I am constantly in a hurry. I have been taking several people's pictures lately, so it seems that when I am on my computer, I am editing pictures. I LOVE taking pictures. I like editing pictures, but I easily get overwhelmed when I edit them. SO....all of that to say...I have a lot of pictures and stories to post, but after I edit all of those photos, I really don't feel like uploading them to my blog, so you get a little picture-less post here.
So we had A's birthday party a few weeks ago, and I do have pictures to post later, but I will tell you that we got her a hermit crab cage for her birthday, and she got to go pick out her crabs. She was SO excited when we actually got to go to the store to pick the little fellas out. She immediately picked the biggest little guy in the cage, and then found a little one as well. The little guy never peeked out of his shell while we were at the store, so Autumn and I were a little worried about it. We tried to get her to pick a more active one, but she was set on this one and we decided it wasn't worth the battle. I had determined the little one was dead when we bought it, but it did eventually show it's face at home.
A decided to name her little fellas Herman the hermit crab (the big one) and Shelly (the little one). Shelly is a girl's name, but A called it a boy. Now remember that we have 4 girls in our home...it is NEVER quiet at our home...and I guess I'm not the quietest girl ever. Anyway, between our loudness and the fact that the girls drop the poor little things on the ground, it took a few days before Shelly would come out very much. Shelly did decide to come out of his shell and the girls loved holding him as well as Herman.
One morning, S decided to hold Shelly, so Autumn put him in her hand. As SOON as Shelly got in S's hand, Shelly PINCHED her! He pinched and S's harm went a flinging. Autumn said that if she hadn't put Shelly right in her hand, she would have thought that S did something wrong to Shelly. Really though, animals just don't like S. I don't know what it is about her, and I really didn't think that hermit crabs could pick up on this, but they really don't like S. Our dogs will growl at S more than any of the other girls.
Anyway, back to the story. A's favorite part of her day has been holding those nasty hermit crabs. I do not know why weird little creatures bring her such joy, but they really do! Yesterday, we came home from school and A wanted to hold the crabs...no big deal...sure A, you can hold the crabs! She was SO happy! I soon heard crying coming from the room, which didn't surprise me a great deal. The crying did not sound urgent, but it didn't sound mad either. It just sounded sad. Well, I soon found out why there was sad crying....A was holding Shelly, and Shelly was half out of his shell, but he didn't move...at all! A was crying that he was dead, and do you know what my first reaction was? To laugh! I know......I laugh at the most inappropriate times. I don't know what is so funny to me, but it always is. I did hug her and laugh while she was not looking at me...I know....doesn't justify it!
She cried (still holding Shelly) while I examined Shelly to see if he was dead...my conclusions were that Shelly was indeed dead. A turned around to walk down the hall. I 'm not exactly sure where she was going, but off she went. Her sad cries suddenly turned hysterical and I jumped up to figure out why. You would just not believe this...Shelly FELL out of his shell!!! He was indeed dead and hanging out of the shell. It looked like he oooozed out of the shell, but I didn't look too much. A just held him right in front of her face and stared at her friend and screamed. It was awful! I loved on her for a while, which made S a little jealous so she needed a little attention too. A finally settled down. When she got out of bed this morning, she informed me that she was over it.
Yep, our days sometimes get a little dramatic! I wouldn't trade it for the world! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment