Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Morning drive to school

So I just want to give you a glimpse into our morning drive to school. I also want to remember this time in life so that when morning drives to wherever are quiet and peaceful, I will remember these mornings I am having now. Let me just take you from the moment I walk out the door til the moment I drop the kids off at school. We take one vehicle to school...saves money and Autumn doesn't need a car since she works for the school. Anyway, we send the girls to the car about 3-4 minutes before we go out. I step out of the house and listen...I would say 2-3 days out of 5 I hear crying of some sorts, but the days I don't are lovely. We switch around seating arrangements based on days--odd days are certain people in front (middle seat) and so on...but they get a little confused sometimes on what the date is, so we have to clear up the date, get people in the right place. Usually all the girls have to apologize to each other because one looked at the other wrong or whatever. And the days that no one is crying, we celebrate with victorious wahoos and screams!
Then we start off to school. Out come the spelling lists (from 3 of the girls) and we start reviewing spelling words. I don't know if I can describe this in the right way so you can get the full effect, but if you would be in our van during this time, you would CRACK up. Usually, S is singing or talking to herself, M or H has their list out and is reviewing with Autumn, I am driving, M or H (whichever is not working with Autumn) has their list and reviewing to themselves, and A, who is supposed to have her list out, is sitting there saying random things as the others spell their words. For example:
Autumn: December (or whatever the word is)
H: Capital D-e-c-.....
A: December remember delember, ashember, lenember,
H: e-m-...
A: m-a-p
H: b-e
A: Hey, b-e...bees make honey
H: r
Autumn: good....S, don't sing so loud I can't hear H,...A, get your words out
A: what words?
Autumn: spelling
A: What's spelling?
Autumn: H, next word
And so it continues....spelling lists flying around the van, random things being said, songs being sung...............I am going to miss this someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment