Sunday, January 23, 2011

Another gift from the Lord

Remember the last post I did about a gift from the Lord? It started with a little griping....something about me not having much in my baby book, and all of my pictures having my sisters in it....something like that! Well....that post resulted in another gift from the Lord! Now...I realize that the Lord gives us blessings and gifts everyday and we just have to recognize them. This was an extra special gift.
My friend Tracye felt sorry for me I guess, and decided to find some pictures of me as a baby. Tracye was our babysitter when we were little. I'm sure we were kind of bratty....but I do remember we liked her a lot. I remember when my dad dressed up in my mom's clothes for some sort of church function (I'm sure it was funny at the time...better than it sounds as I'm writing it) and I was scared to death of him in women's clothes. I wouldn't even go to my mom...just Tracye. My other memory of Tracye is when she was babysitting and the fire alarm went off, so the three of us jumped up from bed, and ran to our safe spot by the mailbox. The problem with this and the reason I even remember this situation is...we were sleeping in our underwear...or at least I was. We were very little, but there we were...standing outside in the dark by the mailbox in our underwear with Tracye! I don't know why I don't remember vital information, but I remember silly stories like that....and I really don't know why I felt compelled to share this tonight....anyway...Tracye went looking for pictures. She even had someone go through the old church albums to find pictures. They found 2!!! We actually have this one with the four of us, but not digitally, so it was fun to get. I changed the lighting and I think it looks really nice!
This one....this is so special! It is my baby dedication! I didn't even realize I was dedicated in this church. We had moved to this town a few months before, and I thought I had been dedicated in the previous town. I was SO SO SO happy! And look....do you see what I see? There are no sisters in the picture with me!!! Thank you so much Tracye!


I cropped the picture a little...I absolutely LOVE this picture! I love the moment captured where my mom is kissing my head! I just LOVE it! And look at my dad...makes me laugh! I can't believe how young they look...they look like kids!

Thank you Lord for this gift! I LOVE it!



No comments:

Post a Comment