Monday, January 10, 2011

Funny story

Sorry, I just couldn't think of a creative title. I do not know what made me think of this story, but I thought of it tonight, so I figured I should write it before I forget it. This happened a couple of years ago...our friends Bryan and Ann invited us over to eat lunch with them after church one Sunday. Their college girl daughter (also my friend) Emily was home with a bunch of her college friends for the weekend. The girls love Ann and Bryan and Emily, and they especially loved all the attention of all of the college girls. After lunch, the college girls left to go back to college, and we were sitting around the table visiting with Ann, Bryan, and Emily. Bryan found a card that the college friends left, so he opened it. Ann was a little curious.
Ann: What does it say? Read it out loud!
Bryan: Well....(he dramatically opened it and cleared his voice and continued to "read" in a booming voice)...Bryan is so wonderful (he said something like that....something he just made up)
Ann: Stop Bryan, it does NOT say that!
Bryan: Ok, let's try again...it says...(he made up something else silly)
Ann: Oh come on...it doesn't say that....what does it say? (we were all laughing at his silly jokes)

I think this continued another time or two when A leaned over to Ann, with her wide brown eyes as if she was cluing her in to something and A loudly whispered: Pwobly he can't read!

We CRACKED up! Obviously A did not get Bryan's silly jokes and thought the poor man just couldn't read the card and all we were doing was laughing at him!

No comments:

Post a Comment