Tuesday, January 25, 2011

call from the teacher

So I was at the office with three of the girls. They were playing nicely in a room and I was getting a lot done. My phone rang, and when I saw caller ID, I saw that it was H's teacher, who is also our dear friend. I didn't think too much of it because she is very involved in our church...there could be a million reasons why she could be calling. She told me she was calling about H...Oh great what did she do? She seemed to be in a great mood, she didn't seem to be hiding anything...oh great...wait a minute Trinity, pay attention!
She went on to tell me that H was doing an EXCELLENT job! She said that even on areas that she had been struggling a little with, she has put a lot of effort in and has really mastered it. She went on to tell me how proud she was that H had brought her own money (birthday money I must add) to pay for her library fine, and the librarian was very proud of her that she was responsible to get it paid and pay for it with her own money that she gave her a special bookmark. And because H passed her goal on reading her AR books, she got book bucks, which she can spend at the school store. H earned $10 in book bucks and spent all 10 dollars...ON OTHER PEOPLE!!! She even gave Mrs. Ripley a pen that she bought. Mrs. Ripley said that it was hard to take a gift like that, but it truly gives H such joy to give to other people!
So the lessons I learned today:
  • H is a VERY thoughtful person and is working hard (well I already knew that, but nice to realize again.)
  • She has the very BEST teacher!!!
  • I need to be like Mrs. Ripley and recognize and verbalize when I see someone doing the right thing.
  • I need to NOT automatically assume my children are doing something wrong...why do I do that???

So...the moral of the story...I AM SO SO SO PROUD OF LITTLE MISS H!!!! Thank you Lord for her!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of that beautiful Miss H too!!!!

    Aunt B

    ReplyDelete