Our family loves a good bargain. I do most of the clothes shopping. Actually, we have very good friends that hand down their clothes, so I don't do a ton of clothes shopping, but we like to shop. I do not like to spend very much at all on clothes. Really. I don't buy much unless it is on sale or consignment. That's just how we are. My mom loved a bargain, and my dad is wise and resourceful in spending his money. Autumn spends who knows how many hours doing research on different products and places...finding the best deals and such. Our family loves a good bargain. When we find a bargain, we talk about it for a long time, get really excited...we LOVE a good bargain!
Knowing all of this about our family makes this story even better.
I wonder how many funny things I miss that the girls say because I am totally zoned out. I zone out easily when I am driving, but this particular night, I was listening...thank goodness because it was funny. We were driving in the dark home from AWANA, all six of us telling stories from each of our evenings. The first funny conversation is as follows?
A: (tattling) Trinity...M had beer!
Me: WHAT?
A: M said she put beer on her hand!
Me: WHAT???
M: A...I did NOT put beer on my hand! My finger was hurt, so I put alcohol on it...NOT the same thing!!!
Oh man, did we ever crack up at this one!!
When I laugh so hard, one of the girls always seem to ask if that one is going on facebook...yes darling...went on facebook AND the blog!
As we were approaching the house and my mind was moving to all of the things that needed to get done to get everyone to bed, A spoke with a little concern in her voice.
A: Trinity, how much money did you pay her for us?
Me: What? Pay who?
A: Mama C...how much did you give mama C for us? Or did she give you money for us?
Me: No, she did not give us money for you...and we did not give her money for you. We got you for free!
H: Yeah, they just got us from the orphanage right?
Me: Well, kind of.
H: But do some kids at the orphanage get paid for?
Autumn: Well, there are some kids in an orphanage where there parents have died or can't take care of them, and people might pay some money to the orphanage to help pay for travel, medicine, and such. But we didn't do it that way.
A: We were a bargain!
S: (she calls herself mommy's little piggy) Mommy's little piggy is a bargain!
A: Mama's horse is a deal!
So we joked and were excited in what a bargain they were! Yes, I know that our girls are priceless...I know you can't buy love...I realize all of these things. We were just having fun with our situation. We figure that with a situation as different as ours...you might as well just have fun with it! And I LOVE it that my girls count it an honor to be considered a bargain!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment