Thursday, March 24, 2011

Funny conversations

There have been several funny conversations Autumn or I have had with the girls and I keep forgetting to write them on here. I have posted a lot of them on facebook, so some of you may have seen them before, but this post is really more for my memory than for your entertainment, but don't worry, you will probably be entertained along the way!


A couple of weeks ago, I was in the car with just the two little girls (they will forever be the little girls I think). Any time we have just two of the girls together, there are different dynamics. Most of the time, when it is just the little girls, they are partners in crime. This particular afternoon, they were both in the mood to pick at each other. S asked me a question and A answered her question. S was not satisfied with her sister answering the question, she wanted ME to answer the question. I, however, was completely satisfied with the sister answering the question, so I chose to keep silent. Here is what I heard:
S: Didn't hear you...didn't hear you...didn't hear!!!
A: Yes you did!
S: Didn't hear...didn't hear...
A: Yes you did HEAR, but you didn't UNDERSTAND. Hearing and understanding are two different things!!!
Wise words A!

Autumn saw something funny one of the girls said that I had posted on facebook one day. She came to me.
Her: I didn't know that happened.
Me: Oh, I didn't tell you that?
Her: No, when did that happen?
Me: Remember when I was giving the girls a bath and I started laughing really really hard and loud? You didn't hear me laughing?
Her: Trinity, you laughing is nothing new....no, it doesn't stick out to me!

A came home one day from school thinking a LOT about presidents. And when I say thinking, just know that she thinks out loud with a ton of questions! One of the most interesting questions:
A: Was Abraham Lincoln killed with a gun?
Autumn: Yeah I guess so.
A: ....or a basketball?
Autumn laughed and then came and told me about it. That's when she got it. Mrs. Sprague told A that Abraham Lincoln got shot. I guess she thought of two things you could shoot...a gun and a basketball! Hmmm....wonder what the poor girl thought when we took her to basketball games!

The girls were getting ready one day and A was moving very very slow. M gave her a little encouragement: Hurry up, A...you move slower than my grandma! Oh wait...my grandma moves pretty fast. Nevermind!

No comments:

Post a Comment