Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dad--part 2

I knew dad and Pam were coming to town, and I KNEW I wanted him to bring his guitar so we could get pictures. These pictures are invaluable to me. Seriously. I remember growing up listening to my dad play this guitar...the guitar is older than I am. There are certain things in life...smells, food, sounds, whatever, that brings comfort to a soul. Dad's playing the guitar is definitely comfort to my soul. I LOVE it! The girls really haven't been able to hear him play the guitar that much, so I wanted them to hear him and I wanted pictures. Dad got his guitar out and started to leave the case in the trunk of the car. I wanted it out. Why? Because I love that old case too. We weren't allowed to touch the guitar really. I mean, we just knew not to, and that is why it is in such good shape still. However, the case, yeah, we could touch it. I don't know why I love this case, but I do.
Do you know my two favorite songs for him to play on this guitar? One: Amazing Grace. Probably not a surprising choice. And the second song: Abilene.

Yes, Abilene.

"Abilene, Abilene...Prettiest town that I ever seen. People there don't treat you mean in Abilene, my Abilene."

That was his first song to learn on that guitar, and I LOVE it!!!

This is one of my other favorite memories and I am so happy the girls got a chance...strumming the guitar.



Her hands look so small in his hands! I LOVE IT!!!

Can you just see the hundreds of questions in her eyes? I can.





I have tried to express how thankful I am for these pictures, but I just can't express it...I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. i LOOOOOOVE this! He looks Oh So happy being with the girls! What a PERFECT day this must of been!

    ReplyDelete