Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I want to be...



















A few months ago, we were eating at the dinner table and chatting about whatever we were chatting about. Someone, I don't remember which one, asked what S (sister 4) was going to do. M (sister 1) does horse riding, H (sister 2), does tumbling, A (sister 3) does art class. There were a lot of suggestions including: piano, horse riding, tumbling, art, dance, and so on. There was lots of arguing to each suggestion. M doesn't want her to do horse riding cause SHE does horse riding, and A doesn't want her to do art cause SHE does art, but sweet H DOES want S to do tumbling with her, cause she thinks its fun, but A doesn't want S to do tumbling with H cause....well, you get the idea!
So we say, S, what do YOU want to do?

I want to be Baby Jesus.

While I clean up the water spewing out of my mouth and try to not laugh, which is totally impossible, Autumn asks, Baby Jesus? Like in a play?

No, I want to be baby Jesus, Mary's baby Jesus.

And she says it so plainly....so matter of fact, as if she can just be baby Jesus! We of course laugh, keep asking if she really wants to be baby Jesus, to which she keeps insisting she definitely wants to be baby Jesus. We tell her that you can't just be baby Jesus, but it is no use. So we just change the subject and laugh about it all day. Apparently S thought about it all day too, because the next day she came to Autumn and asked, Is that the same baby Jesus that died on the cross?
Yes, that is the same one.

Ok, I don't want to be baby Jesus. What a relief!!! I think I want to be Tatum's (her friend) daughter.

Hmmmm.....I think she is still in the stage of learning to make the difference of reality and make believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment