We went over to Becky's house last night for her birthday. Happy Birthday Becky! A looked and looked for Jerry, but she didn't find him. She cried. She cried the whole way home. She just couldn't understand why Jerry wouldn't come and see her. She was so beyond logic, that we had to make her try and understand Jerry's reasoning and what Jerry might be feeling. We told her that Jerry might have met a girl and that girl frog might have a little girl or boy that she visits, so Jerry might have gone to be with them.
Believe it or not, A was pretty much ok with that explanation. And then this afternoon, the girls were outside playing with the water hose and "swimming" in the mud. Autumn was cooking dinner, and I was in my room writing that extremely long previous post.
I hear screaming......that's not unusual. There is a lot of screaming in our house. This screaming lasted a little while. I could tell right away from the screams no one was hurt, no one was mad, no hurt feelings, must be something good. It was an excited scream that lasted a little while, so I got up to see the excitement. I walked around the corner to see A's BIG HUGE smile..........JERRY'S back! I guess this little toad travelled the whole 10 or so miles from Becky's house to ours!
She was SO happy! She loves this toad and I have just come to accept the fact this is the way God made her......to love toads, snakes, lizards, dead mice.....you get the idea! She was a little confused by the fact that Jerry sounded different than he did the other day. She said he got his baby voice back because he sounds higher today than he did the other day! Her sisters were so happy for her. They don't necessarily like the same things that she likes....for sure not as much as she like them, but they know she loves them. I hope they always support each other and are happy for each other, cry with each other. I pray they will always be such close sisters!

No comments:
Post a Comment