Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What if I were God.....












At the beginning of the school year, Autumn would drive 3 of the girls to school then go on to school herself, and I would take A to her school, then go on to work. As the year went on, we got smart and drove together. However, I do miss my one-on-one time with A in the car for those few minutes. She is a question asker, to put it lightly! She is a thinker...her mind goes from something very thought-provoking and deep to something very off-the-wall in a second! I never knew what I would get in the car in the mornings as far as conversation goes. So one morning, she was fairly quiet and I had the radio on. Sometimes, although I hate to admit it, when the radio is on, I get to listening to the radio conversation and completely tune out the girls and give them the oh yeah, or that's nice, every once in a while. Well her question caught my attention this particular morning. She says: What if I were God?



me: Well, what if you were God? What would you do?


A: Well, pwobly I'd die on the cwoss.


Hmmmmm.........she's really thinking this morning! Me: Yep, I guess you would die on the cross if you were God......well you'd send your son Jesus to the earth, but that would really be you...nevermind.......yep you'd die on the cross.


Then she crossed her little arms and threw them against her chest, got her best pouty face and whiny voice almost crying and said: Hmmmmmmfffffffffff I don't want to die on the cwoss!

Me: It's ok, A, you don't have to die on the cross. Jesus already died on the cross for us...that's why we...... (I was interrupted.......)


A: Do you think Elvis is in heaven?

Oh my this girl.........she is one funny girl!


So the next morning, I was anxious to see what kind of theological discussion we could get into. So I say: So, A, tell me something deep.


A: Water....She didn't miss a beat! Yep, she's right, water is deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment