Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ramblings about camp




Last week....the week we had 6 children in our house....I also got to help with a day camp our town put on. It is a great camp. This is my second year to help with it, and it is just wonderful. M got to go last year for it, and M and H both got to go this year. They loved it! Every day they had nutrition class and steps to respect class, which is an anti-bullying class. The other two sessions every day rotated. They got to do art, soccer, CSI, Wildlife, golf, archery, kickball, martial arts, and I think one more thing that I can't think of. I just can't say enough about the camp. At the end of the camp, their team leaders, which are high school students, gave out awards. H got the "quietest" award, and M got the "helping hands" award. I was very proud of both of them throughout the camp. I think it is funny that H got the quietest award because she talks at home, that I forget how quiet she is in public. Now if you want the girl to talk, take her some where one on one. She will talk. She isn't as much of a group girl, she's a one on one girl. And it SO doesn't surprise me that M got the helper award. The archery people (who were absolutely awesome!) gave out little awards after each group went through. They gave out mostly a little prize for the best shot. But M got a prize from the archery people for helping out and helping the guy teach. What? How can she help him teach when she doesn't even KNOW anything about archery? That is a unique trait about M for sure....she can claim it. She may not know anything about it, but she just claims it with confidence, and everyone around her thinks she knows what she's talking about. Same thing with her clothes......it may not EXACTLY match, but she wears those unmatching outfits with confidence, that people just think it is SUPPOSED to look that way! Anyway......I know I am rambling. I was proud of my girls for how they acted and treated others at camp. I am very proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment