Sorry I haven't posted much. We had VBS all week, so it has been crazy busy at our house. We had a great VBS! I will post pictures of the girls from VBS later, but for some weird reason, I thought of a random story from a few years ago, so I will share that while I am thinking of it, because it is funny and I want to remember it.
About 4 years ago....we just had M in our home. She woke up one morning and her eye was kind of pinkish. I worked in a daycare and I work with kids all the time, you know, so I am SURE this is probably pink eye, but it MIGHT be allergies, so we will give it a day or so. It didn't have goo coming out of it yet, so.......hmm.........M wouldn't even hardly let us get near it. She didn't trust right away.
We took her to daycare, and when I picked her up, her eye was still pink. When she woke up the next morning, yep, still pink WITH gunk coming out, so we called the dr. and told her that M had pink eye.....no doubt about it, because remember, we have worked at daycare centers and KNOW what pink eye looks like. We work with kids, and just KNOW what pink eye is!
The dr. called in the pink eye medicine for us.....whew! That was easy! Hey Autumn, we are pretty good at this foster parent thing! So Autumn go the eye drops and brought them home....now just for getting them IN M's eye! We got the first drops in.......took two of us, but got them in!
The next morning Autumn went to work, so I was flying solo with getting the drops in....so I went in and woke her up, then went right for it....that way she didn't have time to wake up and fight me hard! So here I am, holding her hands down, talking calmly to her while trying to shove eye drops in her eyes. She was blinking a lot, and I was trying to pry her eyelids open long enough to get these things in.....and that's when I saw it....
What is that?
Is that a bubble from the drops?
What is that?
Girl........be still..........I'm trying to see what that is!
What is that?
OH.
MY.
GOODNESS!!!!!!!
That is a SEQUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be still!
I can't get it!
GIRL...........BE STILL!!!!!!!!
Got it!
Yep.....that is a sequins!
How in the WORLD did you live with a sequins in your eye?
This was not glitter, not a little piece of sparkle, no, this was almost as big as a contact, full out goes on a dress, sequins!
How in the world did she do that? I mean really, when I get a piece of dirt, or a spec of anything in my eye, it hurts like crazy! How did she do that? Who IS this girl?
"M, why did you put that in your eye?"
"Cause I want to be like you!"
Oh my.....she had seen us put contacts in our eye, and this little clear sequins did resemble a contact, except that it was kind of jagged and bumpy, and had to hurt her eye so bad!
Ok, so I guess that is when I realized you NEVER know what will happen with little ones....NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is one tough cookie! I still can't believe she went so long with that in her eye and didn't hardly complain about it or anything!
ReplyDeleteBethany