Get ready ladies and gentlemen for a very funny story. Can you guess which sister this is about??? Give up? Little miss A. So here it goes.
I was in the bathroom in the condo we were staying in while out of town. It was the morning that we were leaving, so I was packing everything up while talking on the phone to my aunt. A came in repeatedly saying my name, wanting my attention. I motioned for her to wait just a minute while I finished the conversation on the phone. From her demeanor, I could tell she had done something wrong and I could tell she was very sorry about it. It wasn't the I've-done-something-wrong-and-got-caught look. It was the I've-done-something-wrong-and-I'm-sorry look. I got off the phone and looked at the very serious girl and she immediately started to apologize.
A: I'm sorry. I'm really sorry Trinity. I just didn't know....I'm sorry.
I am thinking, "Oh great...she called 9-1-1 a few days ago, what has she done now."
Me: What? What did you do? Did you do something? WHAT???
A: I'm sorry! (at this point she was almost crying. She was working really hard to pull it together.)
She paused for a minute and the longer she went, the more panicked I got.
A: You know a long time ago when we went to the store with those glasses....I didn't know.
Me: What? You didn't know what? Did you steal glasses?
A: I thought they were sunglasses!
Me: So you thought it was ok to steal sunglasses? Did you take sunglasses from the store?
A: No, I didn't steal them. I didn't know they were glasses....I thought they were sunglasses and I didn't know! You said we could try on sunglasses and I thought they were sunglasses and I didn't know!
She was pretty worried and troubled about this....and THAT'S when I figured out what was going on. Rewind to the night before....
I was in the bathroom and had just finished up bathing all four girls and we were getting all four wet heads dry. It was A's turn to get her hair dried, and of course she just comes with a lot of questions. Honestly, I sometimes tune out the questions and answer with "uh-huh" or "oh yeah" or whatever. On this night, she asked about my glasses.
A: Are those your glasses?
Me: Yes A, you know they are mine.
A: Why do you wear them?
I didn't even answer that one...come on!
A: I know! You can't see! Can you see at all without them?
Me: Not very good.
A: I can't put them on right?
Me: Right.
A: What will happen if I put them on?
Me: They will hurt your eyes.
A: Will they hurt them really bad?
Me: yeah (sometimes it is just easier to say yes)
A: REALLY?
Me: Yes.
A: So if I put them on it will hurt my eyes?
Me: Yes, A. (I was a little irritated by all of the questions) I told you that. Please don't ask me again!
Shortly after the conversation, they went to bed.
Fast forward again........
I was getting it....no telling how long ago, we went to the Dollar Tree and I let them try on sunglasses. Apparently, A tried on reading glasses too, and ever since then she has been very worried that she was going to go blind from putting on those glasses. And when she asked me about putting on my glasses, I was just trying to tell her to not mess with my glasses. I guess she stayed up for a very long time that night thinking about how that ruined her vision! All I could think of was the scene from the movie "A Christmas Story" where the boy thinks he is going to go blind from eating soap.
When I put the pieces together, all I could do is laugh....big surprise huh? I laughed so hard that tears came out. A walked away and kind of mumbled to herself, "Well I can see purple spots popping up and I can't see very well."
I laughed SO hard, and THEN I went and got her and explained that we shouldn't play with glasses, but it isn't going to ruin her vision right away. So I got my glasses and put them on her so she could see that it would be hard to see out of them and might give her a headache, but it wasn't going to immediately make her blind. She covered her eyes and wouldn't let me put them on! Again.....I laughed SO hard! Finally, she let me put them on and she was surprised that she could see a little, but then decided she didn't like looking through them.
Oh man, if I could just see what was in her mind..............priceless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love her! I could see where this was going! Miss her and all of you! Susie
ReplyDeleteLOVE that girl! Miss her tons!!!!!!!! Hope she comes to live with me again really sooN!
ReplyDelete