Now...I totally realize that in writing the stories of our crazy lives, we are very likely to not be invited to dinner ever again. I get that, and my cousin Sarah kindly pointed that out too! (have to give you a hard time Sarah!) However, we will know that if we ever ARE invited to some one's house again for dinner and they read this blog, then they really do want us over because they have been officially warned what we are capable of! Of course I am saying all of this jokingly. I really do think we are really fun girls to be around, but I do admit that it is never dull around us, so you really never know what you will get....
My cousin's boyfriend came to Christmas at my aunt Jan's house and when he went home, his family asked him how it went....he simply replied, "Well the police were called and showed up." (or something like that)....He did go ahead and told them the whole story, but that was a pretty funny answer I think! Anyway....there I go rambling on and on again....back to the story Trinity....ok...
So we went to our aunt Deborah's for dinner. (this is aunt Jan's and my dad's sister) My cousin Sarah didn't make it on Christmas day, so we went for a couple of hours and visited and the girls got to play with the cousins. I have pictures to post later. The girls love playing with the cousins, and they all get along so well. They were all playing various things....everything going so smoothly. It was time to eat, so we got all of the kids' plates filled and got them all seated in the garden room, then we adults sat down at the dining room table. (Sometimes I still can't believe I actually get to sit at the adult table....I still think of myself at the kid table, but that is neither here nor there.) Soooo.....we began eating, and I got up once or twice, just to check to make sure nothing crazy was going on at the kids' table...all was well. I sat down and started eating my food when a bunch of the kids flooded the room while warning us that there was a food fight.
Are. You. Kidding. Me????
And I'm sure you could just guess which girl was not running in warning us......yep, that's cause she was in the room and the initiator of the food fight. I really just wanted to crawl under the table, but I figured that really wouldn't solve anything at all.
I walked into the garden room, not knowing what I would find, but luckily, all I found was a little piece of the tamale casserole on the table....thanks to the big girls and their great warnings, the food fight was very short lived and resulted only in a little water spilt and a little casserole on the table. MUCH better than I was expecting! Although, I will tell you that I have secretly always wanted to have a food fight...it really sounds like fun to me. Did you ever see the peter pan type movie called Hook? There was that scene where they had a food fight and all of that colorful food got everywhere....yeah....I think that would be TONS of fun. BUT, I am so very thankful that we did not duplicate that scene, but I do think it would be a lot of fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You can always come to our house for dinner - by that I mean mom and dad's - ha ha!!! Sarah
ReplyDeleteCOME TO MY HOUSE FOR DINNER Pa-LEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete