Sunday, May 8, 2011

One time....

If you are my facebook friend, then chance are you have seen me post something that begins with "One time..." I told some friends about this game, so we post these random things on eachother's walls. It is so funny that such a random thing draws so much attention, but I have had a lot of people ask me what the trick to the game is. You know that everything in my crazy life has a story...so here it goes.

The girls tattle and it drives me CRAZY!!! Why in the world do they have to tattle about every single thing.....I mean really...I do not CARE if she looked in your direction! So, one particular morning on the way to school, I hear THE whiny voice...the one that you just know is followed by a tattle.
A: "Triiiiinityyyyy????? (Very high-pitched and whiny)"
Me: I don't want to hear it...I don't want to hear it....
A: One time...M pinched me!
Me: Really? You can't even find something about TODAY to tattle about, you have to go back to a whole different time?

As I found myself getting more and more upset and frustrated, I calmed down for a half-second and made the choice to not yell and get mad, but to just calm down and find another way to get through the tattling, so I replied:
Me: well, One time...I got in the car. (I forget the exact thing I said, but you get the idea)
Me: One time...I drove a car.
Autumn: One time...I sneezed.
H: One time...I did homework
M: One time...I buckled my seatbelt.

A wasn't thrilled with the whole game until we were laughing so hard at what we were saying, that she couldn't help herself, and she joined in.
So now we just think it is a funny game and we like to say One time....then we add random things. One time...I read a book. One time...I brushed my teeth. Well, I guess you get it. I am cracking up while writing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment