Sunday, May 29, 2011

One Year!!!

So........one year ago, I started this blog. Wow....one year! I obviously started off the year of blogging much more ambitious then I ended it. I had a lot of backed up stories to share at the beginning. It has been a lot of fun. I really enjoy writing this silly blog, even though I know I ramble a lot and get side tracked in my stories, but I love writing. I find myself constantly "writing" blogs in my head as situations happen in life. I love it that as I have looked back at some of the stories I wrote at the beginning, I laugh all over again because I don't remember what I wrote. I love it...the best of both worlds....writing the blog then reading it later like I've never seen it before! Times like that with my terrible memory that I am thankful for this blog. I am thankful that I have some stories through my perspective written down. I so often wish I could have those stories from my mom's perspective written for me, but I don't. So I'll be happy that my girls will have them. I am really going to try to write more often because I know I miss out on the little things and conversations that happen.


So.....in honor of my one year of blogging, I going to share a few things the Lord has shown me through this blog.


The Lord has blessed me tremendously with encouragement from people. I receive love through words of affirmation, so when people tell me that they read my blog, or laugh or cry (sometimes at the same time) at one of the stories, it makes me really happy. It is really easy for me to get caught up in the struggles of life and it is easy to get caught up in the lies of the enemy....lies that I am not good enough, or that others are so much better than me. We each have to choose to not listen to the lies but replace them with God's truth. In my times when I am feeling not so great about myself, the Lord sends people to encourage me, and this blog has been a source of encouragement. I hope that came across the right way.


I have had some people tell me that through reading this blog, they have been encouraged to continue in their journey of foster/adopting children. WOW....what an honor and blessing!!! I mean really, I am truly humbled to think that God would use me to help inspire others in that journey! I think that sometimes we choose to not let people in our life and our heart because of a variety of reasons....fear of rejection, the thought that we just aren't good enough or worth it for people to listen to...whatever. But God brings each of us down different paths...each one is different from the others, but each one is so important and we can learn from each other. I think it is a shame if we hide ourselves and don't let people in on our journey. So thank you...each one, for joining me on this journey. It scares me sometimes when I remember that actual people will be reading my very intimate thoughts or my admitting how many mistakes I make. But it is worth it...thank you for being a fly on the wall for a year! It has been fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment