I know it is past Father's Day. Yes, I realize that, but here is the thing...I have a couple more stories to tell, and dad's birthday is in a few weeks, but it is the first day of VBS and I will be so busy with that, so I am just calling this Father's Day/birthday posts....sorry dad.Speaking of Father's Day and dad's birthday, that leads right in to my story.
We will go back to college days once again. I am not actually in this story, but it is so funny and describes dad so well that I have to share it. It was summertime. Bethany and I were working at Glorieta, and Autumn was overseas on a trip with students from OBU. Autumn's trip was about 6 weeks, and for many reasons, the team was only to call home maybe once, if at all. Autumn can't remember if she called for Father's Day or on dad's birthday, but she decided to call on one of those special days and talk to dad for just a minute. She figured it would be special to hear from all of his daughters, even the one on the other side of the world. The conversation went a little something like this:
Dad: Hello?
Autumn: Hi dad....happy (father's day or birthday)
Dad: Thanks...who is this?
(He really does know his daughters, but is thrown off when we call and he isn't expecting it, which he was NOT expecting her to call all summer)
Autumn: It's Autumn (she is so understanding...I would have been offended right away!)
Dad:oh......ummm.....Where ARE you?
Autumn paused and just laughed. She could see exactly what he was thinking. It threw him off so much that Autumn called that he lost track of time all together and though it was the day that he was supposed to pick her up from the airport. He panicked just for a second thinking she was sitting at the airport waiting for him....nope, just calling to wish you a happy day!

No comments:
Post a Comment