I am one blessed girl. I've said it before on here, and I will say it again. I have been so truly blessed to have Godly parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins....pretty much my whole family. Now, I realize that having family that loves and trusts the Lord does not mean that I automatically trust the Lord. I realize that. I have a choice to make on my own...we all do. We can choose to trust God or to reject Him. However, with the family that I have, I have had AMAZING examples to follow! I could spend so much time talking about each one of my family members and how they have impacted my life in an awesome way, but that would be one super long post, so I won't. So.....back to the things my aunt found...sorry for chasing that rabbit!
I did not get to spend a long time going through the journal and poems that my grandmother wrote, but the little bit that I did get to see made me realize what an awesome legacy she left in all of us. Her heart and love of people and life was so evident in her writings. It was truly incredible. As I sat and read the detailed entries of her journal, I could feel her love in a new way. My grandmother is still with us, but her health isn't great, and we connect with her in a different way now. It was awesome to read her thoughts and read EVERYTHING they did. I mean EVERYTHING.....it told where they ate that day, how much it cost, who they visited, who she talked to on the phone...everything. I realized a few things. I realized that details are important to her. She appreciated all of those little things in life. I realized that their ministry never stopped. They took every opportunity to minister to people and to share Christ with people. Wow! What a legacy! Because I didn't have time to read every entry, I looked at the dates of our birthdays to see what she had written...oh it was so funny. She told what kind of cake she had ordered for us. I found out that (or remembered again) she try to call me for an hour on my 18th birthday, which was my first year at college. She couldn't get through the lines...because we didn't have cell phones. After an hour, she finally got through to the WRONG number! I am so glad she wrote that down because I never would have remembered that!
There was also a pouch of little poems that my grandmother either wrote or found and kept. She was so creative and expressive....I'm thinking I might take after her a little bit! Her love for her family and friends was so evident in her poems. Some of them were funny, and some were kind of sad. She wrote on each one the reason why she wrote the poem at that time....such insight to an amazing woman!
Thank you LORD for this gift! Thank you for the legacy she is leaving in so many people! Thank you that I get to experience your love through her!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment